Thursday, December 4, 2008

#3 Has fallen Out

Yesterday Alaina's 3rd tooth fell out!  There is something that is cute about little children and their missing teeth.  
Now we can teach Alaina the song "All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth"!  

Teeth falling out also says my baby is growing up and it makes me think of things like, "Will she need braces?"  Is sticking your tongue where your missing tooth is really gonna make them come out crooked? Or is it just an old wives tale?  Who knows, but it makes me smile to see that big smile with the missing teeth.  

The day after her tooth fell out, I asked Alaina about how it happened cause the day it happened was super busy and I had not heard the story yet.  Then it dawned on me...OH NO!  The Tooth Fairy?  Did the Tooth Fairy come?  It turns out she is saving her tooth to show a friend and then submit the evidence to the Fairy.  OK? I then told Alaina you know there is an expiration on the tooth, that if you don't put it under the pillow it might expire (I love teasing my children!)  Then I thought about it some more due to how tight the beginning of the month is and I said, "better yet  I think you may have until the 16th (shhhh...the day I get paid) so you have until then"  It was fun for me, it's not like the fairy brings her $20 but never miss an opportunity to teach a child about deadlines and expiration, it comes in handy when they have to pay bills!  LOL!

No comments: