Saturday, April 11, 2009

Arbor Day in Sherwood

Sherwood Oregon is now 30 trees greener!  And Alaina and I helped.  


We were able to participate in this event that Sherwood has done for 4 years. 
 
When it came time to go, Alaina became very reluctant.  I promised her it wasn't going to take long.  I later learned she had no idea how her and I were going to plant a full grown tree. 

 As you can tell by the images, she enjoyed herself and we plan to visit our little tree and watch it grow.  We will have plenty of opportunities to visit the tree and make sure it is doing ok, since it is down the street from some dear friends. 

 We like to encourage you to make or find an opportunity to plant a tree, and recycle as much as possible!  Wow who would have tought I'd become a tree hugger?

No comments: