Monday, January 16, 2012

Boredom is a sign of a weak mind!

Many years ago I heard the saying "Boredom is a sign of a weak mind" and it has been a saying that I think of often when I hear someone is bored. Including my own children.  I want them to create games of their own, be adventurous and think outside the box.  They are pretty good at it, especially during the times when it is just too yucky to play outside.

So today, in effort to do something silly, Alaina walks to our bedroom closet and decides to see if she can climb to the top shelf to hide from Ariana.  At the top of the shelf were Beth's many purses she has collected over the years so Alaina had to get those out of the way, so she tossed them on the floor.  Alaina did make it to the top, but not exactly where she wanted to end up.  She decided that she was not going to make it - so she curled up like a cat!  I'll give her points for being adventurous.


Now while Alaina was being adventurous, Clarissa gets points for creativity!

She decided to take advantage of all of mommy's purses and get decked out!  Isn't she just stylish?


So the next time you are bored....visit your bedroom closet!

No comments: